Logo

Stainless props 290 duo leg

"can some one please explain t

"can some one please explain the sizeing of duoprops. I run c4 stainless duoprops on my 24 foot boat, I can only just get to 4100 rpm the recomended rpm is 4200-4600 is the c5 set a lower or higher piched prop as I can not make any sense of the volvo prop charts
thanks"

So what's to complain abou

So what's to complain about! That's close enough. You'd see little difference if you spent the $$ to have the props pitched down an inch.

Jeff

"we live in one of the most re

"we live in one of the most remote areas in Australia. when we head out in to the gulf it is a 200-380km round trip depending on our fishing spot, so any saving we can acheive in fuel is a bonus.
fuel is about $A1.60 per litre,we carry 400l on board so it would not take long to pay for a new set of props if I can get the boat to run more economical
Cheers
Phil"

Jeff you said I would have my

Jeff you said I would have my props pitched down does this mean the C5 are a higher pitched prop ?? Is there a chart that shows the pitch of the duo props and not just a speed range at x rpm
cheers

"I live in Sydney and the on w

"I live in Sydney and the on water price for petrol can be 2.00 a litre.

Our fishing grounds are only 100 - 150Ks round trip so thats 1/2 you do.

If you are truely concerned for your ecconomy go diesel, or change boats.

Having experimented with props and gear ratios before I dont think you will get the petrol savings you need by trying to find a """correct""" configuration."

"Hi All,
Info on t

"Hi All,
Info on the B series props. Don't know about Cs. A B5 has more pitch than a B4 hence lower rpm at WOT. Each number represents on average a 200 rpm increase or decrease depending on whether you go up or down the scale.This pertains to gas motors. A B4 can be reworked to B3 specs and taking the cup out of the rear prop added 50 rpm at WOT on my application."

Back