Are you talking about

"JIT,

Are you talking about this bolt??

Thx in advance,

Larry

71182.jpg
"

"thx, no that is my 1981 Wilso

"thx, no that is my 1981 Wilson Boat. Design by Brain Wilson of the Beachboys. Looks like a radon, more like a mix between a Anderson and Radon hull, with a radon cabin. ;)

http://www.luvjoy.com/wilson1981web/index.htm

there are more pictures there.

Also thx JIT, I will replace my water pump tomorrow. ;)

Larry

Picture of the two things I love the most, Keely my Daughter, and my 1981 Wilson Boat. ;) We are scuba diving off of Anacapa Island. Also a picture of my daughter catching her first big bug. 6lbs.. ;)
71186.jpg
71187.jpg
"

"cool pics

i forget if u sh

"cool pics

i forget if u shift it in reverse or forward, it makes it so u can get to the nut easier. i think reverse it is. also why the drive is off i would change your gear lube REPLACE THE FIBER WASHERS on the plugs. i recommend merc high performance stuff
thumbs_up.gif
. also pull prop and lube of prop shaft. lube up the impeller with some soap, i do not use grease, lube up the drive shaft splines with grease.

reason i tell u the extras is, u r working on the lower unit, might as well do all the maintenance to it
biggrin.gif

i got 5 more weeks left!!
have a job offer in Italy, working on the Italian's navy boats in PISA

if u need help, u got my number
happy.gif
"

"jit.

Congrats on the job i

"jit.

Congrats on the job if u take it. Yes, I was planing on taking care of all that. Well took off the lower end and turns out that the pump intake was clogged up with cristals. I used compress air and blow it out. Also I am in the process of rebuilding the carb. Let you know how it turns out.

Larry"

"run dawn soap in a bucket, ki

"run dawn soap in a bucket, kind of works like salt away
if u do not have that use vinagar, works great, cheaper that salt away"

"JIT,

Do you know why it wi

"JIT,

Do you know why it will not shift in to reverse?? Where do you ajust the shift?? in the handle?

Larry"

"LOL
did u play with it

th

"LOL
did u play with it

the rod moves up and down on the lower unit
push it down

now look at the shift rod on the motor
shift it to revere, which should be down

now connect it, but watch out when u push the lower unit it up, it will cause the motors shift shaft to go to neutral"

"jit,

I will try to push it

"jit,

I will try to push it down further. Looks like it needs to go down about 1/4 inch lower.. I will play with it.

Larry"

"hold on larry

in nutraul t

"hold on larry

in nutraul the prop will spin left and right
foward on way not the other
revers it is locked and will not spin

another way is shift one way and turn the drive shaft clockways, watch the prop shaft and see which way it goes

#1 THING THAT ALL TECHS DO NOT DO, IS CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT SHIFTS IN ALL GEARS, OFF THE MOTOR AND THEN WHEN ON THE MOTOR!!!!"

"JIT,

Well I started playin

"JIT,

Well I started playing with the shifter, I it goes into forward great, and into nutraul, but revers just spins. I ajusted all ajustment points and got it to shift in to rev, then it would pop out.

After messing with it for about a hours, the cable broke. So it looks like it could have been a fraid cable that was a bout to break. Glad it broke when it did.

keep you posted once I fix the cable.

Larry

p.s thx again jit.."

"JIT,

Replaced Shifter Cabl

"JIT,

Replaced Shifter Cable today and it works. Shifts in rev and foward, with out any problems. Thx again for all your help.

Larry"

good deal larry
hope one day

good deal larry
hope one day i get to meet u
i turned the Italy job down
now I'm looking into San Diego

Back