Logo

Is there a better way to get water into the engine

tshelton99

Contributing Member
"I recently purchased a Avanza

"I recently purchased a Avanza with a Volvo 4.3>>
The storie goes>> the young man I purchased it from traded his SeaDoo plus some cash for this Boat. And he was not very "Boat Smart" although he was told to never start the engine without connecting water to it first. So this is what happen>> he said he found the place to connect the water hose up to on the rear of the boat,
so he screwed it on, and turn on the water and went to start the boat, he said it fired up and ran for about 1 minute then shut off, he looks to the rear of the boat and can see water coming from the gas filler cap,,, Yes! he connected the water hose to the gas tank vent valve
lol.gif
anyway's after realizing what he had done he took it down to a machinic he knows and they pulled the carb off rebuilt it and tried to get the bad gas and water mixture out of the tank, I think they just did the best they could and added fresh gas and it will start and run but shuts off. I checked the filter and it still has water in the filter seperator. since I have purchased the boat I have completly drain the tank and swabbed it dry, next I will remove the carb. and see whats up there. anyway!
Back to the point>> I have tried to connect one of them suction cup water deals to the lower foot water intake and it just does not seam to feed enough water to the Block. I see more pooring onto the ground.. SO! My question is?
Is there a place to connect to directly onto the block? or is there a device made to adapt such a water connector? I sure dont want to have to drop the boat into water all the times it will need to be worked on..
Thanks Folks!"

A large bucket or trashcan ful

A large bucket or trashcan full of water does the trick.... Just make sure you have the waterline in the can up far enough. HTH

Ron

look at the box at the right s

look at the box at the right side of this page. close to the bottom see "flushers"

"yeah,thats the one. I'm t

"yeah,thats the one. I'm too stupid to do links, but thought the pro flush would be good. You can extend a hose to a deck fitting and make it really convenient."

"Ah, has anyone told you that

"Ah, has anyone told you that the water pump impeller is shot? Well, it is.

On that oops!--at least he didn't put fuel in the waste tank, rod holder, or water tank. All of these boobs--plus putting diesel in a gas tank--have been done at marinas by "professionals" and will be done yet again.

Jeff

PS: You'll need to install a water separator (if there's none there) to get all the water out. You can't "swab" it all out--trust me!"

"Thanks! ALL/
yeah that devic

"Thanks! ALL/
yeah that device is what I'm talking about, something that can be incorporated into the water system of the engine allowing for a quick connection of water supply when needed. I am putting one on order."

"OH! and BTW I am the one that

"OH! and BTW I am the one that had the 1990 Bayliner with the bad power head on the 90hp Force outbouard>> as much as I would have like to kept that boat, I decided Not to spend another 2500 on the engine so I sold the boat,
Thanks for all of your inputs on that Boats issue's..
and Now I have this '91 Sportcraft ( Avanza )
this Boat will be well worth any investment
thumbs_up.gif
"

"oops, Sorry! dont take me wro

"oops, Sorry! dont take me wrong, the Bayliners are very nice Boats although I would have had more
$$ in the Capri then it would have been worth,
Like I said the Bayliners are Very nice boats and the one I had is a good example, although a boat is only as good as the engine on it.
71157.jpg
1990 -18ft. Bayliner Capri

"On my AQ130C, I attach a cust

"On my AQ130C, I attach a custom made 3-4 foot hose to the intake side of the water pump which feeds water from my garden house into the engine. If you do this, be careful to not use too much water pressure...just enought to keep water flowing into your engine and also keep the hose from collapsing due to the water pump's suction."

Back