Logo

270 gas usage

tfortney

I have a 1984 32 wellcraft w t

I have a 1984 32 wellcraft w twin 270 900 hrs. just completed a 6 hr trip and noticed the port engine used more than 10% more gas than stb. I was crising at about 2400 rpm's most of the trip. What should I expect gph with this boat? What might cause the additional fuel usage? Fuel verified when I refuled the tanks after the trip

"When was the last time you ch

"When was the last time you checked and cleaned the backfire flame arrester? When was the ignition maintained (spark plug wies, spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, ignition timing). Any of these items that are in poor shape would account for a difference."

All except plugs were changed

All except plugs were changed or tuned before the trip. This was the first time I have had the boat out since I bought it in Nov. i have a inverter on one side and a sink on the other I need to remove to access the outside plugs. I also had a slight smell of gas in the but no signs of leaking.

"Check your fuel lines. Rubber

"Check your fuel lines. Rubber fuel line, and water hoses for that matter, deteriorate from the inside out. I've seen fuel line that looks like new on the outside and be crumbling on the inside."

Back