Logo

81 VOLVO FUEL PUMP

pjsomers2

Contributing Member
We have a new Regal with a 8.1

We have a new Regal with a 8.1 volvo penta has been running fine then out of the blue when running about 3100 rpm cruising the engine stopped getting fuel and then regained fuel started going again took the boat in the harbor and went slow for about 20min every thing seemed fine took off again about 15min later stopped getting fuel and died tried to restart with no luck waited for about 15min it started then died after just about 10 seconds ended up getting towed back.

"first place to go is fuel fil

"first place to go is fuel filters. If filters are replaced and poblem still there - try running on a remote tank.This will eliminate fuel hose - pickup - tank problems. Still no joy check fuses and fuel pump relay. These are well marked in the elec. box on the engine, Believe you will also find spares in there.
If problem persists about the only other thing to try is to insure all engine grounds are clean and tight and all harness connectors are secure.
This engines fuel delivery is reliant on 2 fuel pumps Low and high pressure , with various sensors and the onboard coumpter to control them. If these above simple checks fail to solve your problem it is time to locate a dealer that has the proper scan tool to do a dianoistic on it.
As your post mentions NEW Im sure the dealer will help you out. Warrenty???"

"Thanks for your info I have i

"Thanks for your info I have it at my boat shop its a 2003 with 111hrs they replaced the fuel pump and it wont start so now he says they are going to replace the cam shaft sensor, does that sound likely?"

Back