Logo

Yamaha 2002 115TXRA

jkaras2000

"Hi: My engine idles just fine

"Hi: My engine idles just fine. Took it out of storage, ran it on old plugs to run fogger out of engine. Put in New Plugs, checked fuel filer, and idled real good. Took her out first time this season, and it bogs down terribly when I put her in drive and apply throttle. Did not use boat last season, but used STABIl in full tank when I stored it for season,applied Ring Free recently, engine has 75 hours on it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe."

"Thanks for the response. Plug

"Thanks for the response. Plugs are brand spanking new. I used Stabil in tank. Local Auto/Maring store thinks it is fuel issue. He suggested putting in Blaster which is a fuel additive which breaks down gum,varnish, etc. I put some in tank and am running engine presently. Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I had let it sit for last year on full tank with stabil. Every year previous it had run like a top come spring. I fogged Carb, and Pistons before storage. Gas was run out of carb. Could fogging the carb be problem? Thanks Joe."

"what i was asking was look at

"what i was asking was look at the plugs now
if they are black and oily u are running rich
best way to check if u have fouled plugs is
u need a meter, in ohms scale take red to top of spark plug and the black lead to the engine, if u get a reading u have a fouled plug

this is the stuff
http://www.priproducts.com/default.htm"

"Plugs were real black. I pic

"Plugs were real black. I picked up four more and replaced them with new. Let engine run for a few hours today. Seems to be running a bit better, still bogs down going to high throttle. Spoke to marine mechanic a friend referred me to. Real nice fellow. Said that I should keep running as much as possible, best to put in water under load. He said he thinks I may have clogged high speed jets. Said to call him this week, that he would have time end of week to stop by and check it out."

Thanks: Have been running the ring free. Most likely will have mechanic look at carb to check out jets.

stop running until you fix it.

stop running until you fix it. 2 strokes do not like to last when run lean. if you would have activated the choke when engine bogges down you would notice it increase in power telling you it is not getting enough fuel.

Back