Logo

F250 4stroke leaking oil mystery Leakage

boatman8514

"im always seeing oil sitting

"im always seeing oil sitting in the pan. its leaking out somewhere but i cant find exactly where. i checked the Oil filter, Dipstick assembly, valve pan, power head gasket and oil pressure switch. please i need help ASAP. where else????"

i would cleaan it all up and t

i would cleaan it all up and then go on a cruise with the clowling off and find out where it is coming from

i have had this prob before on

i have had this prob before on 2 150's it was the powerhead gasket i spent over 300.00 w/ snap on. for dies and light and glasses and still could not find the leak i replaced powerhead gaskets and leaks went away. it is a metal crush gasket. that is not reusable. i also noticed that if you ever hit anything in the water. with lower unit damage. it jars the powerhead and will leak on all your 40 and larger hp. 4 stoke yamaha engines. i have had a couple of rookie salesman do this.

that makes alot of sense. i we

that makes alot of sense. i went to mmi and couldnt figure that out. i havent checked it yet but im 100% sure thats the powerhead gasket from the way u explained it bcuz the engine ran over someones anchor and it might of cracked the seal on the gasket like u said. thanks amillion man.

Back