Logo

Kad 44p totalled

C

Corey Maire

Well I had the local mechanic

Well I had the local mechanic do the valve adjustment and first trip out after the work and about 1 1/2 minutes after I got the rpms up to the turbo range I hear a sound that sounded like a potato gun going off and rpms drop from 3000 to about 1000. I pulled some things apart and the seal around the air intake is nowhere to be found so I think it went through the turbo and pelted the intercooler. After a week delay in him repairing it I pull the intercooler to get the seal out of it and I guess the force of the seal busted the intercooler cooling pipes and now I have ingested saltwater for about 3 minutes max run time post event and it has been sitting since last Sunday. I told the mechanic what I found and he is going to have a look tomorrow afternoon. Do you guys think it is done barring a major overhaul? Thanks for your advice.

only way to know is by pulling

only way to know is by pulling the head off and doing a visual inspection.
Even min. damage is not going to be pretty or cheap and sitting for a week before being attended to isn`t going to help anything.
wish you the best of luck with this mess !!
Dodn`t understand why the air induction system was removed to adjust the valves though.

Yeah I didn't understand t

Yeah I didn't understand that either but maybe it was easier to access the valve cover bolts since the connecting tube for the supercharger is kind of in the way. I wouldn't have thought he took if off either but I saw it on the deck and was talking to him as his helper was reinstalling the piece. I called him the day after it happended and he didn't expedite even an inspection which is why I opened her up myself yesterday. I bet after running for a few minute choking saltwater down with air that she is seized but I will find out this afternoon when he takes a look. Thanks for helping me confirm what I already thought.

"I know this is a while ago bu

"I know this is a while ago but just for information, it is tricky or impossible to remove the rocker cover without first removing the air elbow and the rubber joiner to the turbo.

In your case, I guess the rubber section was not repositioned or clamped properly."

Back