Logo

1988 75Liter king cobrahow do i reinstall shifter cable

tvwbug

"i was expirencing all the cla

"i was expirencing all the classic symptoms of a bad shifter cable, so i removed it from the boat, ordered a new one, $175 for the complete assembly, but how do i get it back in without messin up the new one. it seems that the radius of the hose that guides the cable is too tight. any help or detailed instructions would be great."

"I am not an expert, just shad

"I am not an expert, just shade tree but you have to disassemble it first. I would make notes about cable length b4 you do. First, get a manual."

"hey thanks for your response,

"hey thanks for your response, i have a manual but it only tells how to remove the cable, noy install it. im worried that i will kink the new cable making it worse than it was before, any suggestions?"

"I did mine last year and had

"I did mine last year and had a rough time until I took it apart installed outer jacket first from the top then I reassembled the cable from the top itself and did the adjustment I followed the directions on here the link is stuart cobra something, someone will post. If you look at some of the other shift posts on here you will find it, Good Luck! Sorry I don't have more help!"

Are you referring to the outer

Are you referring to the outer jacket as the wire loom that goes around the shift cabe?

Doug

"Yea, I took mine apart and in

"Yea, I took mine apart and installed the red jacket first then when I had it tightened up I threaded the cable into it, and adjusted it back to specs. I couldn't get mine to thread through the transom if it was not diassembled."

Back