Logo

Running out of Puff 2 The Answer

P

Peter C

"Hi Guys
Back on the 19th Feb

"Hi Guys
Back on the 19th Feb I posted a question about one of the engines in my Bertram not making full revs.
Bondo,Fastjeff,Troy and Rick Sweeten, you guys gave me some great input and I had suggested that I thought it may have been a fuel problem because of the symptoms.
At the end of the discusion the general consensus was that when I found the answer, I should post it so heres the answer.
I checked fuel pressure and flow rate and all was good, rechecked everything you guys suggested again and all was good, out of desperation I swaped ignition coils and ballast resistors over from my starboard to port engine and guess what the problem also swaped engines.
Pulled the coils off and checked the resistance readings on the coils again and they were within specs and nearly identical using a high quality meter.
Fitted a brand new coil to the problem engine on a hunch and now the problem is no more.
So even though the symptoms did not seem to indicate electrical, as there was no hesitation or miss firing the coil was failing under a heavy load situation.
So once again, thanks for all your help before guys, this problem may be one to store away in the memory banks for a rainy day I think.

Kindest Regards

Peter C"

"Well,....... I guess you had

"Well,....... I guess you had a Rare 1 Peter.......

Glad to here you Found your Gremlin......

Good Luck......."

Back