Logo

Possible Jack Plate Regrets

mpatrick

I have a 1978 Skeeter Wrangler

I have a 1978 Skeeter Wrangler w/ the factory 150hp Johnson on it. A manual jack plate has been installed between the engine and the transom. Does this effect the bouancy of the rear? I sits too low in the rear even with the boat in neutral and docked. Also will it effect the steering? The boat is extremely difficult to turn left. I don't know if it is because the steering cables obviously had to move back 6 inches with the engine to get the jack plate on...please help.
Thank You!

"it def adds weight....is your

"it def adds weight....is your steering prob,stopped w eng off ,as well as high speed,...or just high speed? If it is all time,you need a new steering sys.If it is just high speed,you can move the trim tab,on the lower unit,to the right about a half inch,and try it."

I have a 1988 evinrude 88HP th

I have a 1988 evinrude 88HP that i want to change the impeller i have all the bolts loose and the
shift shaft out but the lower unit wont come of am I missing something i have hit it hard with a piece of wood and hammer wont budge are there any bolts on top? thanks

Back