Logo

Help Please BB 70 Rebuild

stu_stumble

"Hello, My name is Ian and I l

"Hello, My name is Ian and I live in Nebraska. I just bought a 1961 Larson Sea Lion that has a BB 70 in it. I took apart the outdrive nad replace the bearings and it works fine. The motor on the other hand is shot. it is locked up tight. I want to rebuild it but I do not know if i have to use BB 70 parts or if I can use parts from a B16B whic is Volvos 1.6 Liter. So I need some help on finding parts to rebuild this or a shop that can do it for me. If I cant rebuild it does anyone know what size of motor i could use instead. i have a ford 2.3 but I am not sure if it will fit with the outdrive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot!!!!"

"i think you will find it diff

"i think you will find it difficult to change to a ford due to the bell housing.
most parts for the engine should be usable from a car engine except for the bearings, some one in this forum mentioned something about using bearing with brass or bronse additves in them
,make sure you use the old starter amd altinator as these should have spark arresters fitted,
thats why they cost more.
also the dizzy and fuel pump are different to the standard car parts, theres no vacume addvance and the fuel pump dosent have a hole in it like the car ones have, other wise fuel goes into the bilge if it gets a fault,
thats about all i can add here im sure you'l get more info from others as time goes by
good luck"

"Thank you Rainer i appreciate

"Thank you Rainer i appreciate your help. I looked up the parts information for this motor nadfound out that it will cost around 2700 for parts and labor to rebuild this baby. I really appreciate your help thanks.
lol.gif
"

Back