Logo

1976 35 hp Evinrude Johnson Motor

lucky26nw

I'm having a problem getti

I'm having a problem getting the water pump to pump water all the way up the shaft to cool the motor. I'm fairly sure that I've got the pump installed properly. Any suggestions?

"Drop the lower unit and make

"Drop the lower unit and make absolutely sure that the pump was installed correctly. Also make sure that the water tube is sliding into the water pump housing grommet to its proper length. If the pump housing hit the water tube's edge, that would shove/bend the water tube upwards resulting in a malfunction."

"Well, I dropped the lower uni

"Well, I dropped the lower unit. And much to my surprise, (and I didn't even think about it earlier) There was no water tube what so ever. So in a quick fix(until I can go to the marine store) I used some copper tubing, that surprisingly fit. Now it's spittin water like you wouldn't believe. Now all I have to do is get the correct tube, new plugs and adjust the idle and I think I'm in business. Thank you so much Joe for your help. And trust me, If I have any further problems, I'll be posting more questions for you."

Back