Logo

Water pump problems b06 225 HPDI

mctrout

"Glad to find this forum!

P

"Glad to find this forum!

Problem is that the pump will not prime unless motor is as deep as it will go...takes upwards of 30 seconds (a LONG time)at high rpm to pee.

New lower unit,and we already changed the water pump once due to poor performance. Same deal. I know there are some 'fixes' for this problem, such as drilling a 3/16th vent hole in the top of the housing and also stretching the spring, but is there more?

Simply can't live with this. Most of the time we don't have the water depth to dunk all the way down. Any guru's aboard?

Thanks!"

"Mike,

The pump should prim

"Mike,

The pump should prime if the water level is up to the base of the pump. It would probably prime even if the water level was just above the water intake screen. I have to believe that there is a problem with the pump.

Tony"

Fixed!

All it took was an a

Fixed!

All it took was an aftermarket impeller from Sierra...like the old style Yamaha impellers used to be. The new ones just don't seem to get it. Now the pee stream will drill a hole in asphalt. Also plugged the two bottom holes in the plate and drilled a 3/16th hole at the top of the housing to vent air. Best performance now of any I have seen. Thanks for the replys.

Back