Logo

Engine Swap

J

Jt029

" I have an 84 Bayliner with a

" I have an 84 Bayliner with a 4cly volvo and I want to put a 4cly chevy and outdrive in. Is there going to be any problems with cables, trasnm,etc? "

" If it is running good, you h

" If it is running good, you have a $2500 boat.
If some one gives you a Merc 4 cly engine and
outdrive, in running condition.
And after $500 in costs and 40-60 hours of labor,
you will have a $2500 boat. "

" The Volvo is not running,and

" The Volvo is not running,and expensive.I can get a good deal on the merc.what will need to be done to get it to work.I have never worked on inboards before.So I don't know what I am getting into.Thanks for any help. "

" This conversion would be tot

" This conversion would be totaly impractical due to labor hours and unseen costs, compared to value
of boat, and replacement cost.
You are looking at a total transom rebuild -
engine mount relocation -shift and throttle
cable conversion - all engine rewiring - engine
to outdrive alignment will be very difficult.
Volvo and Merc outdrives, don't fit the same hole.

There would be a question as to soundness of
transom and stringers, due to 18 years of possible water intrusion. If you don't know IOs
you will need expert help. "

I need to find out where the

I need to find out where the bracket for the two 50amp brakers mount on a 1996 larson 21 ft. boat.

"jtO29 whats up with the vol

"jtO29 whats up with the volvo....im looking for a volvo aq130a 4 cyl. i have a 86 bayliner and blew the motor this saturday past.please reply to [email protected] or anyone else who might have a running 4 cyl. volvo aq130a thanks dax"

"i have a blown up 90 hp merc

"i have a blown up 90 hp merc it is 1989 model ,,,i found a power head for a 1997 90 hp merc and need to know if it works?? can someone tell me???"

Back