PDA

View Full Version : Chris Craft Model K zero compression help

scott
06-09-2003, 02:13 PM
" Trying to start my Model K that "used to run great" 4 years ago. Compression check showed zero compression in cylinders 1, 3, 5 and 6 and only 30 psi in 2 & 4. Sprayed liquid wrench to free any stuck valves and looses rings. Then tried mystery oil. Still no compression.

Before I pull the head, I have to ask, what can make a "good" engine go to zero compression in 4 years? Turned it over myself and squirted oil in the cylinders every fall. "

Soctt
06-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Update - current theory - surface rust stoping valves from seating well. Goo #3 being tried and if this does not work we will initiate a 'valve job'... Thoughts?

croozertoo
06-09-2003, 06:33 PM
"Sounds like you're on the right track, Scott. Rust on the cylinder walls and rings could contribute as well. If you can get access to one, taking a look inside with a bore scope would help confirm your suspicions, but pulling a flathead is fairly easy and may only cost a new head gasket.

"

dogsharks38
12-27-2005, 04:48 PM
"I would say stuck valves would be the first choice. A valve that won't close, certainly won't allow any compression to be read.

Dogsharks38"