Logo

WARNING BUZZER ON 1986 MERCURY 135 V6

bojo

I HAVE A MERCURY 135 V6. WHEN

I HAVE A MERCURY 135 V6. WHEN I TURN IT ON THE WARNING BUZZER BEEPS FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS. THEN WHEN I CRANK IT AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES IT STARTS BEEPING AGAIN CONTINUOUSLY. IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE RUNNING HOT AND SEEMS TO BE GETTING OIL. ANY IDEAS OR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

" BOJO,
I HOPE YOU MEAN AFTER

" BOJO,
I HOPE YOU MEAN AFTER IT'S BEEN RUNNING FOR 5 MINUTES. YOU SHOULDN'T CRANK THE MOTOR CONTINUOSLY FOR 5 MINUTES OR YOU WILL FRY YOUR STARTER. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WARNING MODULE IS BAD. I HAVE REPLACED QUITE A FEW FOR THE SAME PROBLEM YOU DESCRIBE. MAKE SURE THAT THE MOTOR IS NOT OVERHEATING AND THE OIL INJECTION IS WORKING. IF YOU NEED A MODULE I HAVE SOME IN STOCK. SEND ME YOR SERIAL # AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW MUCH IT COSTS.
BRIAN "

" YES IT AFTER IT HAS BEEN RUN

" YES IT AFTER IT HAS BEEN RUNNING FOR 5 MINUTES.LAST SUMMER I WOULD BE RUNNING IT AND IT WOULD GO OFF, I WOULD SHUT IT DOWN AND THEN START BACK UP AND IT WOULD BE OK. SOMETIMES I COULD INCREASE OR DECREASE THE THROTTLE AND IT WOULD STOP.YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME? "

" Bojo,

Until you figure ou

" Bojo,

Until you figure out what the problem is, I would advise you to add some oil to your gas tank. It does not pay to take any chances here. I think the beep that you describe is the oil warning signal. Until you are sure that it is a malfunction, you should assume that the warning is valid.

Manufacturers recommend adding oil to the fuel for high performance use anyway, so you don't have to be concerned about doing that.

Tony "

WHAT IS THE RATIO OF GAS TO O

WHAT IS THE RATIO OF GAS TO OIL? WHEN I DO THIS IF IT STOPS I CAN ASSUME I HAVE AN OIL INJECTION PROBLEM.

" No ,you add oil to the gas t

" No ,you add oil to the gas to prevent the motor from grinding itself into scrap. You can then mark the level of your oil tank to see if the injection system is working. Double the oil may produce more smoke but it will not destroy your motor. "

Back