Logo

b76 Mercury Thunderbolt 500 Lower End Impeller replmt

S

Shawn Mitchem

" Good Day, This weekend I fou

" Good Day, This weekend I found the impeller of this bad boy went south on me. Bits and pieces found in the water inlet. What tip on getting old one off and new on do you have. Will or should the be done with a press? What reassembly tip do you have on this unit. Is gear line up critical for any timing issue or dirve. The key to not screwing you weekend up is to carry a spare.
Thanks for your time "

" Take off the leg, there is a

" Take off the leg, there is a cap on the top, through the shaft. take it off to find the impeller. put new impeller on the shaft and put a little bit of grease on it. put the cap on and turn the prop clockwise so that the cap go's on. when putting the leg back on make sure that u intergrate the shaft. "

" Thanks Mark, Got that far th

" Thanks Mark, Got that far this weekend did not have a chance to purchase new impleller. Do you know if the bottom of the case are part of the kit?? And if they are how do you get that bottom part of the impeller housing out of the leg. It should slid up the shaft but is it secured to the leg somehow.
Thanks Shawn "

Does the housing for the impe

Does the housing for the impeller come with the replacement kit. If so any ideas on how to get the bottom half out of the lower unit.
Thank Shawn

Back