Logo

1966 evinrude voltage regulator hook up

M

Marty Harless

" I have a v-4 evinrude, I bel

" I have a v-4 evinrude, I believe it is a 1966 model (power head came off a different engine and I can't find the model number on the block). It has electric shift and the flywheel has a very distinct dome shape to it. 20 amp system. The stator has four output wires, two for the diodes and two for the regulator. When I got the engine both the rectifier diodes and the regulator were missing. I've come up with both of these items used and the rectifier is pretty strait forward on how it hooks up but I want to make sure of the regulator hook-up before proceeding. Transistorized regulator has one red and one red with black wire. Stator field wires are red and blue. According to my schematic the blue stator wire goes to ground and the red goes to the red/black wire of the regulator and the red wire from the regulator goes to battery positive via the ignition switch. Stator and regulator have matching connectors but I must still need some additional wiring as if they were just plugged together it would not match up with the schematic. "

Back