Logo

Timing Cover for a 150 Mercury

maurice

Just found the board and it l

Just found the board and it looks great. Here is my problem. I am looking for a timing cover for a 1983 Mercury 150. Bought the engine used and it did not have a cover. Any one out there know where one can be located. The fishing is hot in the Gulf of Mexico right now and I don't want to miss the fun.

"Maurice,

I'm assuming

"Maurice,

I'm assuming that you are talking about the cover that fits over the flywheel and starter. I may have one. I will check on it today.

You could order the part from Mercury directly, through a local dealer, by going to the Mercury website and using the parts express option.

You can enter the serial number of the engine and view a parts manual there also. The part number you need is 79918A1, which would probably update to a new number.

"

Thanks Tony;
Please let me k

Thanks Tony;
Please let me know if you have one. I would rather buy a used one because of price.

" Maurice,
A thorough search

" Maurice,
A thorough search of my shop did not reveal the part you need. I have a V-6 that I broke down a few years ago, but I guess the timing cover had already been removed before I got the engine.

Tony "

Back