Logo

b93 Mariner warning buzzer

93mariner

" Hello all- just found your b

" Hello all- just found your board today- I'm trying to get a few answers about a small problem I'm having

The outboard is a '93 Mariner Magnum 4 cylinder-its been a great outboard with relatively few problems-last impeller change was about 3 years ago-due to drought in our area and no water in the lakes the motor doesnt have 20 hrs on it since the change but I do crank it up at least once a month

I was out yesterday for a ride and the warning buzzer started with a continuos beep indicating overheating problem-good stream out the tell tale-I idled back to the boat ramp-it buzzed just about he whole time-some times intermittently

Took it out 2 weeks ago and it ran great with no problems-only thing I have done since then is new plugs and new fuel filter-but the fuel filter was not OEM and is smaller than OEM-could this possibly be causing a lean fuel condition and causing the overheating or is it possible the module itself has gone bad? Any way to rule out the module question?

I'm headed to the shop with it tommorow but I'd kinda like to get an idea of some problems it might be

Any help/replies appreciated-thanks for your time
"

" be carefull when you go to t

" be carefull when you go to the shop. i have a 150 mariner with the same problem. the motor is getting water and oil. shop replaced oil warning senser, 209.00 and alarm 38.00. the beeper is still going off. back to the shop monday. check the heat senser, it is also ok. i will let you know when we find the problem. "

" Got it fixed over the weeken

" Got it fixed over the weekend- ended up being the module-The tech at the shop checked out the water pump it was fine-turned it off and then turned key back on- after about 15 minutes the alarm started sounding with just the key on-unhooked the sensor wire and it still was sounding-replaced the module and now its back to normal-

Cost me $90.00- 75.00 for the module and 15.00 labor and diagnosis which I thought was real reasonable

I ended up taking it to a shop in a small town about 50 miles west of me-was well worth the trip
"

" I have a 99 Yamaha 100 hp fo

" I have a 99 Yamaha 100 hp four stroke. The engine runs fine for about 15 to 20 minutes and then RPMs drop to 2500 max. I can stop the engine, lift it out of the water and let it sit for a short while and it will rev back up to 5000 for a minute or two and then loses power again. It seems to do it consistently. If I stop and let it sit for a half hour, it will run for 15 to 20 minutes straight again and then lose power. It seems to be electrical (heat sensor, stator, ....) Any suggestions? "

Back