Logo

Suzuki 2002 DF140 Oil Light

okiejohn

" I purchased a used 2002 Suzu

" I purchased a used 2002 Suzuki DF140 4 stroke as a repossesion, therefore I did not receive the owners manual. After operating the engine at a slow idle(trolling) for about 1 hour the Oil Light has started flashing. I did find the engine had about 1 quart too much oil. The oil has been drained and it is at the proper level, however when I start the engine the light still flashes. I will appreciated anyone's diagnosis of the problem. "

Okiejohn...Im not up on the 4

Okiejohn...Im not up on the 4 strokes but common sense should get you started. When you turn the ignition on does this light illuminate? (it should). Start your engine and after a couple of seconds it should go out.If it flashes give the engine some revs and see if it goes out. Disconnect the wire to the oil switch at the powerhead and the lite should stop flashing if it doesn t your problem is in the wiring or your gauge. If it stops flashing replace the oil switch...If you have just purchased this engine are you sure it has the correct type and grade of oil...if your not sure drain and replace this first.

" Okiejohn,

Nothing to be a

" Okiejohn,

Nothing to be alarmed about. The DF140's oil lamp will blink when it has reached a specified number of hours - this signals that it is time for an oil change. This is controlled by the engine's computer. The light blinks after 20 hours, then after every 100 hours of use. To stop the blinking light turn on the key, remove the black emergency switch stopper, then pull up on the emergency switch three consecutive times within 10 seconds. I think a buzzer will sound signaling it has received the command and the light should go out. I have had the DF140 for about six weeks and love it.

Good luck! "

"Not sure if the 2002 DF140 is

"Not sure if the 2002 DF140 is the same but the tach on my df50 is designed to indicate how many hours is on the motor. Turn the key on, the lights will blink for 2 seconds then the tach will indicate the number of hours on the motor for 3 seconds. 500 rpm = 50 hrs, 600 rpm = 60 hours, etc."

"Please help me with one infor

"Please help me with one information!
I need the electrical diagram for suzuki DF 60/70 or other 4 stroke suzuki with remote control.
I need to know the wirw color and their "job".
Many regards in advance !
[email protected]"

Back