Logo

Volvopenta tamd61a 1988 need your opinons

N

Nick Esposito

I am about to buy a boat that

I am about to buy a boat that has twin Tamd61a volvos. I think they are 300hp each. I have heard many horror stories on Volvo's. Am I making a mistake?

Nick

VOLVO PARTS ARE OUT OF SIGHT.

VOLVO PARTS ARE OUT OF SIGHT. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

" I agree with oldhouseboater.

" I agree with oldhouseboater. In the commercial fishing end of things, Volvo is a bad word especially with older units.Kim "

" Volvo is a very reliable eng

" Volvo is a very reliable engine,you can call Dive Connection in San Diego they have 63's in dive boat they run every day of the year , and they are very happy with them , I think the problem these other guys are complaining about is they haven't delt with REAL Volvo Dealers.
and have they bought parts for a Mercruiser Lately?? I think not . "

" I worked with Volvo distribu

" I worked with Volvo distributor for many years, and they do make a good product, the 61 A series was a good engine model for them. Do your home work and get these engines surveyed by a mechanic shop that knows them. Call the Volvo Penta people and ask if these parts are available. If you can not get parts and service it does not mater how good an engine is. "

HAVE THE SAME ENGINE. ALL PART

HAVE THE SAME ENGINE. ALL PARTS ARE AVAILABLE.

"Need a riser for a Volvo TAMD

"Need a riser for a Volvo TAMD 61A. Is there one from a different manufacturer available ( Barr Marine??) or must I but Volvo. Please advise if new one for sale. Thanks, Mike"

Back