Logo

What carb is Better

L

Lilbear

On a 1963 V4SL 75HP Johnson.

On a 1963 V4SL 75HP Johnson. What carb would be better to run on it. A fixed jet? Or a high speed adjustable jet? I am not sure witch one will be better.? -I have bolth-
And Dose a magneto system ever go out? and if so what( besides )the points condencer roter cap.
Whould most likely stop working? What I mean is I have a chance to get another used one.. but will I ever need it?
Thanks

Thanks Sparky..
What Is th

Thanks Sparky..
What Is the reason the fixed jets is better?

I figure just easier to work on and less to adjust.. I heard when diff air temp hits the fixed jets. it takes the motor 15 mins to react
to the change.. like when you take the cover off in the cold after it has been run for a while.. is this true..

I will buy the magneto and I will have a spare coil.

Lilbear

Think about what you are sayi

Think about what you are saying. There are many "old tales" about outboard motors. For the last 30 years the builders have been using fixed jet carburetors. Are you saying they have been wrong all these years????????

" I am not saying they have be

" I am not saying they have been wrong??
Wow!
I said I HEARD...

Why So hostile???????????

I belive you over what I have heard from these other Guys..
Will install the Fixed Jet carb.. Thanks For your Help..

) Smile It take years off your life.. "

" Hello Joe,

Around 40$ dol

" Hello Joe,

Around 40$ dollars. It has all the parts.
Cap spark/wires ect, I just wish I could find a lower unit seal kit.. No luck so far..

Joe, I am a little "Curious" also..
About this seafoam stuff I have been hearing about.. Will it work as well as they say?
And would I really need it?

Thanks,
Lilbear "

Back