Logo

Help Force Motor Parts 1988125hp

K

KP

" Please Help!!! I have a 12

" Please Help!!! I have a 125 hp, 1988 Force outboard Model # 1251A8C Serial # 1092. I am having a problem with the fuel diversion valves? Ok, let me try to explain, On the fuel pump side of the motor there are 2 plastic covers that allow fuel to transfer from cylinder 1 to 2 and 3 to 4. There are 2 screens and check valves in each of these to covers. They are about 5" long and 1 1/2" wide. held on with 4 bolts. My lower cover cracked and fuel leaks around the gasket. I am having a very difficult time finding a replacement for these and I'm told they are no longer available. I am being told they have been changed to aluminum and the ones I need are no longer available. I was told I would have to use the new type which would consist of drilling, tapping and running new lines to the cylinder covers and intake. I'm not even remotely a mechanic and I'm totally confused about the whole deal. All I wanted was a new cover that I could put back on. Hopefully you can understand what I'm talking about and may be able to locate what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I can find a parts breakdown of the motor showing the fuel pump side? I could then tell what the parts are actually called. "

"KP,

The parts you are refe

"KP,

The parts you are referring to comprise the cylinder drain system. This allows excess oil and fuel to be drained from each cylinder. There is an external cover, a reed plate, and gaskets.

The part number for the cover plate is F 686471-1.

I will check the availability of this part later today and let you know what I find out. I could probably find a used cover for you, but it may take some time.

"

" Tony, Thanks, Yes it is the

" Tony, Thanks, Yes it is the Cylinder Drain Cover.
The one I need to replace is plastic and has cracked. The upper cover is warped and will no longer seal. The old part number is F-686471-1. This has been replaced with part number 817873-A1.
The problem is the new part is different. It's made of Aluminum and has hose connections rather than an internal groove in the cover for the second of the 2 ports. I'm being told that in order to use the new covers, I will need to replace the Cylinder covers. The new covers will have the hose nipple needed to connect the line from the second port of the new drain cover. It also shows that I will need to "T" the line coming off the drain covers and return lines to the intake part of each carb housing to prevent the motor from running to rich and fowling plugs. This means drilling, Tapping, removing the carb plates and a whole hell of a lot of aggravation. Just replacing the cover with the exact piece would be so much easier. If by chance you can locate used but functional covers, I would greatly appreciate any help. I checked covers on a 150hp and the are the new style. Funny the things you learn in a short amount of time. "

Back