Logo

50L to 57L Engine swap Distributor

retiredsquid

"I am looking at replacing my

"I am looking at replacing my 1986 volvo penta 5.0L motor (GM AQ225E) with a 5.7 liter engine. I'm buying a new long block and I'm on a budget. I'm getting conflicting information on whether or not I can use the old ditributor, ignition module, and coil. Your help is appreciated."

"I did the same swap and used

"I did the same swap and used all of the parts from my old 305 (AQ200), except I went to a 4bbl manifold and carb. Everything swapped perfectly."

I am planning to do the same s

I am planning to do the same swap. Did you have to make any adjustments in fiitng the outdrive such as exhaust or any other problems? Thanks

I haven't done the swap ye

I haven't done the swap yet. My new engine should arrive in a few days. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. It looks like an easy swap.

"Is $5500 too high for swappin

"Is $5500 too high for swapping a 5.0L volvo penta (chevy 305) with a New 5.7L complete engine. Carburated not vortec. I asked asked the mechanic and he said it was new, not rebuilt or remanufactured. Most of my prior estimates have been $3000-$4000. I don't know the manufacturer but it is a local boat dealer 1 yr. warranty 280hp Any thoughts or help appreciated.Thanks"

"Why?, when a long block can b

"Why?, when a long block can be had for much cheaper and all the necessary parts switch over. It is also the easiest R&R of any engine I have ever done. I thought you were on a budget."

"I have been sick. Today, ano

"I have been sick. Today, another marine service quoted $5400 out the door for long block,new carb and intake, and use the switchable parts. This price included labor. Still seems high. The block is first mate. Would a Crusader power pack work with a volvo penta stern drive? For $5500, I can buy a new complete engine from MichiganMotorZ but don't know the company. Help!! Any info appreciated"

Back