Logo

Trim hydraulic lines

hoseman

Contributing Member
Hello I have removed my hydrau

Hello I have removed my hydraulic lines from my trim motor (mer alpha 1 1988 )and removed them from the out drive where they pass through the transom into a metal block(mounted under the out drive dont know what the part is )any how i cant remember which line goes where.There are two lines one gray one black so what I need to know is which one mounts where in the metal block?

"OK, as you look at the front

"OK, as you look at the front of the trim motor, with the wiring and solenoids to the left, and the fill connection to the right; the black hose (the up circuit) connects to the left connection. The gray hose (down circuit) connects to the right.
Try that.
Rod"

"I believe that the Up fitting

"I believe that the Up fitting,+ the Down fitting are Different Sizes,+ will Only Fit 1 way......."

he is talking about the block

he is talking about the block on the outside of the boat under the drive guys if i have read it correctly not the trim pump itself...

Yes your right David its where

Yes your right David its where the lines connect to the metal block (outside the transom )then they branch off the metal block to the lines that run to the rams that lift the lower unit.The ends of those lines appear to be the same dim. there but where they hook into the pump they are different.

[b]"the lines nearest the

"the lines nearest the bow are "up" at the ram and I believe at the block also'

I believe you're Right.......

"I've got a 1999 Stingray

"I've got a 1999 Stingray with a Mercruiser engine/alpha outdrive. While getting it ready for the new season, I noticed that when I press the trim button, nothing happens. The trailer button doesn't work as well. I just installed a new battery and some new speaker and an amp. Once I was finished, I realized the problem with the trim button. The only thing I can think of is that I fooled around with the ground wire when I installed the amp or something messed up after I installed the battery. Any suggestions?"

Back