Logo

First timer with alot of I donbt knows

logger1

I'M 55 AND ENDED UP WITH A

I'M 55 AND ENDED UP WITH A 28ft. PONTOON WITH A 88 EVINRUDE. I BELIEVE A 1988 YEAR.Every time I touch this thing I feel like a milk bucket under a bull even though I've done mechanic work for 40 years. Help I'm lost.
Gas mix I think is 50- 1. Engine starts with ignition but will not shut off.smokes alittle but sounds good. what is easiest way to run engine on land without damage.right now I have a plastic barrell of water up under engine. By now I probably sound not to smart about boats. you're right I'm not. Any info or anything would help

"you can use what is called a

"you can use what is called a flushette,it is used on a garden hose to supply water to intake.If the barrel is large and covers lower half of eng,i would stay w/that.It needs to at least cover the whole lower unit.50/1 is correct."

"it is prob,a bad ignition swi

"it is prob,a bad ignition switch,...if u have an ohmmeter,u can ck it at the eng....ck the blk/yellow wire w/one lead,and conn other lead from ohmmeter to eng ground,if when u turn key to off u have continuity,and when 'on' u dont,your switch is ok.."

Back