Logo

Suspect water leak 200 OPro

H

Huntsman23

"1998 200hp O/Pro. Removed co

"1998 200hp O/Pro. Removed cowling this morning to check after weekend run. Found a lot of salt chrystals at the bottom of the port cylinder bank. Could this be a blown gasket. Engine ran fine and I cheched the plug on the bottom of the port bank to see if there was any evidence of water in the cylinder but could find nohing out of the ordinary. Also found some oil running down the outside of the leg, coming from under the cover between cowling and leg. Not a lot just a dribble, Is this something to be concerned about. As always thanks for any help in advance."

"is this motor on a bracket, i

"is this motor on a bracket, if it is that is normal

bracketed motors get beat up, u need to always pull the motor off and wipe it down

if u want to be safe, do a compression test

clean up the motor an doil leak to find where it is coming from"

Yes it is pod mounted. I pull

Yes it is pod mounted. I pulled off the lower cover on the port side and did find that the main seal gasket (Lower cover to Leg) was a bit crossed up so I cleaned and refitted and will check next time I go out. It does create a lot of spray when running so that could be the issue. Cant see where the oil is coming from but I'll have a good check around. The VRO has been disconnected and the fuel is pre mixed so unless it becomes too excessive it shouldn't be a real problem. Thanks.

Back