Logo

Sinking leg

boatn4fun

"My 280 leg doesn't tilt u

"My 280 leg doesn't tilt up while under power. The other day while my boat was on the trailer my seven year old son stood on the leg, in the up possion and it sank down. Is it supposed to do that?. I thought you could trim the leg up while you were driving. If it's not supposed to do this how do I fix it?"

"If you have [b]<u>power tilt<

"If you have <u>power tilt</u> you can only tilt the leg when you are not under power, or at very, very low power. However, if the leg falls when on the trailer, chances are that the worm gear mechanism is defective.

Have you tried to trim the leg in the past while the boat is under power? If so, I think you better look for another tilt mechanism, as yours is probably ruined."

"is this tilt, or trim? comple

"is this tilt, or trim? completely different systems. can't imagine tilt sinking."

"This may sound silly but, I&#

"This may sound silly but, I'm not sure which it is. There is a switch (just an up and down switch) which powers an electric motor that drives a worm gear causing my leg to go up or down. The leg goes up and down fine but when I caught my son standing on it, it was sinking very slowly. I have tried to lift it up while under power, nothing happened. I do have a spare worm gear if there is something wrong with this one."

Back