Logo

74 l MPI Oil Leak

bell925

"I am in the process of buying

"I am in the process of buying a 2000 Bayliner, and the engine survey reveled a small amount of oil in the area of the valve cover. The broker says it is nothing to worry about, and that is probably just a loose valve cover or bad gasket. If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I would approeciate it. Thank you."

"Bondo.. Thank you for your in

"Bondo.. Thank you for your input, it puts me more at ease. Do you think it iw worth having it fixed? The baot is still hauled out."

"It might be Cheaper to have i

"It might be Cheaper to have in done In the yard, rather than at the dock,.... Donno.....

The Exhaust is usually In the Way for the Valve cover gaskets,... So the Labor is going to be Pretty High for a Buck,2.98 Part......

Good Luck with it......"

"Dennis:
Bondo knows that i

"Dennis:
Bondo knows that it's no big deal. It could just be from changing the oil and like me, they spilled some fresh oil while filling the engine and it spread. I clean my spills and they didn't. Spray the area with some Fantastick or 409 grease cutting cleaner and wipe it up with a rag. If it doesn't return, you know it was nothing. If it returns, check the valve cover bolts; they should be snug but not TIGHT since that will deform the gasket and cause a leak.
Guy"

Back