Logo

Recommended manualsbooks

R

Rob Ireland

"I don't think this has be

"I don't think this has been asked before, apologies in advance if it has.
I'm new to this boating experience and I have a 1994 Bayliner 1950 Bowrider with a 3.0 inboard engine with an alpha outdrive.
Can anybody recommend a good manual for the maintenance and servicing of the above bits
Thanks Rob"

"Hi
I bought a 1989 chaperral

"Hi
I bought a 1989 chaperral 19 foot boat with a mercruser V6 alph outdrive. The engine was half taken apart and parts were all over . I need info on how to reinstall the shifter block wirers and cables , alternator was off completely and no info on how to put it back on . I bought the Mercruser stern drive book for this engine but it has no info on how to install the parts ?? not pictures of the exhaust manifolds and how the cables run or how the alternator hooks up. Where can I get a pic of this engine with all the parts on it or exploded views so I know what parts are missing and I can buy them. I know this sounds weired but without a picture or instructions it's very hard.I went to a dealer and they have parts cards but they don't show how they fit on the engine either
Help !!
Jim"

"Jim Martin: You should have

"Jim Martin: You should have started with a new thread. By hi-jacking this one, you will not get the responses you need because it does not have the correct title info. Take what you have and start a new thread. Use a title that explains what you need like "Need help reassembling 1989 4.3L".

You can go to the website below, it has blown-up parts drawings. If it does not provide enough info, email me what you need and I'll send some digital photos of my 1987 4.3L to help.
SELOC service manuals are pretty thorough including photos. Go to your local library and look at what they have.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectModels3.asp?type_id=V6

Guy"

Back