Logo

Right or Left

reelfever

"I Have a yr,69 Owens 26 ft,th

"I Have a yr,69 Owens 26 ft,that sunk,it had a right hand drive, I came across a Chrysler 210 model#318BWL10 i was told that this is a left hand drive,if so can i put it in my boat and change my prop to a lefty?and one more if i may,what difference would putting a 13in prop on my boat it had a 14in?"

"Dan, I'm concerned about

"Dan, I'm concerned about handling as the rudder is most likely not centered inline with the propeller shaft. This is done so the shaft can be remove without removing the rudder. You can visually check this. If it is offset then the opposite rotating prop wash will hit the rudder at a different angle and I suspect you may always be correcting the forward travel, like a car with bad wheel alignment. Just my thought. Generally when you change a prop you change WOT RPM by 200 RPM per inch. So going to a 13" prop your WOT RPM will increase about 200 RPM. Do you have the plywood or lapstake hull? Fiberglass?"

"Thank you Poopiepantz for the

"Thank you Poopiepantz for the responce,as it turns out the left hand engine is froze up so ill likely just have my own motor rebuilt,and to answer your question its fiberglass,and on a trailer getting cleaned up after its little under water adventure,once again thank you."

Back