Logo

1997 200hp ocean runner

bear8664

"I have a 1997 Ocean Runner th

"I have a 1997 Ocean Runner that has a stall when put into gear after warm up. It will die about three times until it decides to run. when motoring out of the marina I can feel a miss & watch the motor shake until I throtle it up to get on plane & then I can hear the cyl. pick up.It runs great wide open & doesnt act up until I bring it back to idle while trying to dock then it will miss & die.
Last summer I cleaned & soaked the carbs & throtle plates & reasembled them with OMC kits & floats.I did the lync & sync as per the OMC manual. The stators insalation was bubbled up so I replaced it also. The timing was set to 18 deg & 2 at idle I also indexed the flywheel to TDC on each cly. & ckecked spark with the timing lite they all lit up the lite.I replaced the VRO pump too. I fogged the motor & put it away for winter.
Today I did a compresion test
I also did a spark test with the gap set to 7/16 # 1,2,3,5 all litghtning blue #4 & 6 weak & intrmintent. The plugs are QL78YC gapped to .030

Thanks in advance for your help"

Check Your shiftcable andjustm

Check Your shiftcable andjustment and temporarly disconnect Your shift interrupt switch. However Your No5 cyl seems to be heading into the 'red' when it comes to compression. Can You post a pic of Your sparks?

Back