Logo

Turbo to Riser Leaks

stuartt

"All four of the turbo charger

"All four of the turbo chargers on my twin 6V-53TI’s (model year 1987) blow a little exhaust past the flanges held by the V-clamps. It leaves soot deposits on the risers and sound shields over time, which is really messy to clean up.

On one of the turbos, I lightly refaced the mating surfaces with a flat file and installed a new clamp, but when I fired up I could still see a light puff of smoke coming from the flange connection. With all four turbos doing this, I am wondering if this is just the nature of the beast or I haven’t found the solution yet. Your thoughts would be appreciated."

as i remember there is a metal

as i remember there is a metal seal you can get to fix this problem. you will need to find the dda distributor near you to get them.

Thanks Marv. I have a call in

Thanks Marv. I have a call into the distributor and I will post the answer when they get back to me.

"According to Pacific Power Pr

"According to Pacific Power Products, my DD distributor, there is no seal for this application. There is a crushable brass washer for certain exhaust ducting pipe on other DD engines, but nothing for my turbos.

The original questions still remains. Again, thanks for the reply Marv."

Back