Logo

Morten R

cobb

Contributing Member
"Hi there,i read your comments

"Hi there,i read your comments bout people dumping money in the ocean before they know what for...i now have a sim. problem. v4 motor, spark from 1 powerpack only...swopping them round,prop follows the dead powerpack...everyone i spoke to in SouthAfrica ensures me the powerpack can not be tested..yet you mention a test where signal from p/pack to coil can be checked...i did that to but more out of desperation and stupidity...i do get some kind of signal with tester on high VDC, black tester lead on coil, red tester lead on orrange from p/pack while cranking....am i waisting time?,doing it right?..or should i just buy new p/pack seeing the no spark follows the dead ppack????(extremely expensive in S.Africa...approx 200$)
Thanx"

"You should have around 250V&#

"You should have around 250V(AC) int primary coil from powerpack. To get an exact reading You would need a Steevens 77 peak reading volt meter, but normally a multimeter would do the job. Red lead: on PP out (thin orange) (coil in) -Black lead: ground. Take a reference measurement on the one working. Normally I would say that the PP is gone if like in Your case the problems follows when swapping."

Back