Logo

AQ271C How many fuel separators do I really need

tonycma

"I have twin AQ271C. The curre

"I have twin AQ271C. The current setup has the fuel line going through a Racor R26S, then through a water separator (without bowl) then to the mechanical fuel pump.

In order to install my fuel flow meter, installation instructions say I need to be in-line after the fuel/water separators and before the fuel pump. So, I have two questions:

1) Has anyone ever installed a fuel flow meter before the fuel/water separators?

2) If number one above is not possible, removing the non-Racor fuel/water separator (closest to fuel pump) would make the meter installation easier. Is the Racor by itself enough (my gut feeling is yes)?

Thanks"

"Tony, I have a 350 Chev and t

"Tony, I have a 350 Chev and the only fuel filter I have installed is a Tempo water separating fuel filter. The flow meter transducer (Navman 2100) is fitted between the fuel filter and the mechanical fuel pump. Never had a problem.

Racors are water separating fuel filters, so you should not have a problem by removing the second filter."

"Tony,
I have a VP AQ271C a

"Tony,
I have a VP AQ271C and have one fuel/water separator and the engine runs fine. I don't have a fuel meter but, I would think that a fuel meter between the fuel pump and separator would be alright. Those Carter pumps I'm sure can handle the slight additional load, if any.
BZ"

Back