Logo

What to do next

epflynn

i took everthing off now i&#3

i took everthing off now i'm left with the swivel bracket off a 60 hp 74-76 chrysler the swivel part will not come up through the rest of the mount there is a white bushing at the bottom of the mounting bracket but i still can't get it to budge upward i even used a piece of wood and a hammer any clues on what to try toget the swivel part of the bracket out so i can rebuild it ERIC

I have a 1500 1978 merc inline

I have a 1500 1978 merc inline 6 cyl. It does not want to open up to full rpm. When i take off it acts like it is not hitting on all cylinders. I have checked all plugs and have good spark. I put in new needles and seats. because i had gas runnig out of carbs and that fixed that. I checked compresion 110+ on all cylinders not 2 lbs. difference on any of them. I run it down the lake its highest rpm is about 4200 and after about ten minutes of running the power dies out and i have to idle back to dock. it will idle great. When you try throttle up it wants die please help. Sorry hit wrong button.

" Bterry it sounds like the el

" Bterry it sounds like the electronics are failing when the engine gets hot. I worked on a motor with similar problems and I changed out the timer base and sensor assembly and it remedied the problem. I would have the electronics checked.(stator, sensors, coils,powerpack) Hope this helps.

Jude B. Performance Marine "

Back