Logo

Johnson v4

cobb

Contributing Member
"I nearly thanked all of u for

"I nearly thanked all of u for ur assistance in getting this j140tlcih going...it realy idles and revs great in a drum and with muffs,,,,,,BUT, put her on the lake and all turns to..well crap..idles lower, wont go halve throtte etc etc...pee hole shows good water circ.
Why is there a diff in the drum test and lake test?? what should i look at first??thanx
Cobus"

"Exhaust back pressure...for t

"Exhaust back pressure...for the idle...prob just needs to be idled up a bit...high spd...back to the drawing board.....make sure of comp,spark,and SPARK ADVANCE,and Wide opening of carb butterflies...together w/ignition advance hitting stop at WOT.Did u clean and rebuild carbs?...float level,float drop,high speed jets CLEAR?"

"jwb!!! my hero, ur back!! as

"jwb!!! my hero, ur back!! as far as i know all above is done, but yes, i went back to drawing board, started with spark check,only 1 and 3 sparking(that might be powerpack)...7/16 gap on tester, all plugs disconnected and when cranking, she wants to fire up...hows that possible??"

"you prob just had a cpl of pl

"you prob just had a cpl of plug wires arc over to plug....it is PROB...the pack...90% probability...ck all connections,..etc..what year is this engine again?...it could also be a bad timer base(sensors) or charge coils(stator,or pinched ,open or shorted wires where the timer base rotates ,where the wires are."

"just tried her again...still

"just tried her again...still wanting to fire up with all plug wires disconnected and on spark tester, no open wires, no arching, no sparks to earth...i'll start testing all ignition units, havnt tested them before cause had great spark on all four..manual talks bout a neon tester...what is that in english??"

what year is it again?...do sp

what year is it again?...do spark tests w/plugs out....keep tester away from open spark plug holes due to ignitable fuel mist.

"1981 deff powerpack problem..

"1981 deff powerpack problem..ps can CD4 be replaced with CD2...if yes, how does wiring work seeing it diff from powerpack and the one i got has no plugs"

"thanx all, yip, thats the cor

"thanx all, yip, thats the correct part....but no deliveries in South Africa...how do i get it here??"

"Corbus,

We don't ship

"Corbus,

We don't ship parts outside the US and Canada, but we have had some foreign customers make arrangements with freight forwarders in the US. Then we ship to them and they ship to the overseas customer. DHL does it as do others.

If you are interested in that send me an email and I can give you the name of one, or you could find one."

Back