Logo

30 mercruiser inboard conversion

C

chris priore

"Hello all. Im in desperate ne

"Hello all. Im in desperate need of a repower. i currently have a pair of chris craft 181's in my cc tournement. Id like to swap out for brand new mercruiser 3.0's. But they dont have an inboard application. Any suggestions, is the swap hard. i do have the old pair if i need the parts(gimbal housing) possibly? not sure. Are there any other manufacturers of inboards in that range of horsepower and price i can look for? thanks

chris"

"The Bare Long Blocks of Both

"The Bare Long Blocks of Both the newer Merc.s,+ the 181s in your boat are the Same Motor......

Your Swap is entirely Possible......
It's just a Question of How Much of the Merc. motors has to be removed,+ Replaced with the ChrisCraft parts......."

"hmm, i was told the new mercs

"hmm, i was told the new mercs dont have the holes on the block for side engine mounts. Im not sure if id need any chris craft parts at all. How are the Volvo 3.0's. I hear people use those to convert to inboard.With a different Plate and some other modifications."

"Maybe I'm wrong about the

"Maybe I'm wrong about the Blocks,......

I have seen some Mighty Strange looking Chevy castings that came out of Chris Crafts......"

"Me too, especially that weird

"Me too, especially that weirdo, assbackwards SB Chevy set up they used years ago. What an abortion!

Jeff"

Back