Logo

1991 OMC Cobra will not start

mikensandiego

" Motor will not start, checke

" Motor will not start, checked for spark and do not have spark, there are no specs in the tech manual that i have, to test the coil and distributor, unplugged the shift interrupt switch, still no spark, Can someone give me the specs on the items listed or if someone has experienced the same problem, let me know what they replaced to get spark,
have 12 volts going to the coil, 9 with with the resistor wire, in place, "

"I have '88 OMC 5L 305, no

"I have '88 OMC 5L 305, no spark at all, chranks over graet! points look good, pulled coil plug wire at dist., no ark at all, pulled plugs, look older but seem ok. Has not been started for 5+ years and has been rained on during the last winter do to covers being stolen during storage!!! Ciol is rusty, new rebuild 2 berrel rochester, has fuel. At one point seemed to sputter once or twice for 1/2 second, but sence then, nothing. Jumped pos. side of coil to bat., nothing! I have some skills on engine troubleshooting, but nothing with marine engines and there engine wiring, ie. controllers, mods. etc. tonight I will try to disconnect all but basic power to starter solinod & ciol to see if i can get anything at all. Will stop and get new ciol, points, cond. befor trying, asssuming it doen't work, any one have any ideas???"

"I would really look over the

"I would really look over the points good, can you see if they are opening and closing while it's cranking? If so is there any spark there, might just need a good cleaning.

...ps Tom...you should really start a new post of your own even thought the symptoms are similar rather than jump into an old post."

"Sorry Bob, This was my first

"Sorry Bob, This was my first post anywhere, anytime. I will try to start a new Post. kind of a rookie on computer. Thank You"

Back