Logo

Can anyone identify this Chris Craft

Nice lines....IMO. It'll l

Nice lines....IMO. It'll look good when re finished.I know the model of my boat. Just cant find any pics of it with the Bimini Top in upright pos. User name is Model...2 ft too long.

S.

"but please note:
The 28'

"but please note:
The 28' Catalina was the only 28' 6" hull Chris Craft had in 1971 (that I know of).
The hull looks right. But,,,,,,
The whole top deck in the picture you show is not what they built.
They built all fiberglass on wood with cockpit, forward, side and aft deck vinyl covered."

Found a 1959 Chris Craft Gull

Found a 1959 Chris Craft Gull Wing Dolphin 19 with a missing motor. Can anyone tell me what size the original motor might have been?

"I got the book and looked it

"I got the book and looked it up.
This is a 28'Chris Craft Spotsman.
single 235 hp engine list for 11,250 new.
From the Chris Craft Price Schedule October 1 1972."

"The only Catalina I saw that

"The only Catalina I saw that resembles that boat would be in the Catalina division, the 28' sportsman but they only made them between 72-73 with only 75 hulls built. the hull was fiberglass. The only other one that was close was in the sea skiff division, 28' corinthian sports cruiser with mahogany sides and plywood lapstrake bottom. I would lean towards the sportsman but they only came with a 350 or two 307's. The only other option would be a sports express in the commander divisionbut it looks like the 27' not the 28. Yours has a straight rubrail line, unlike the 28 of 1971. I would say it's a sportsman and repowered. Hull numbers are KSA-28-001 to KSA-28-075. That would make it a 72 or 73."

"that's the one I thought

"that's the one I thought it was also, (page 670), but they were only made in 72 and 73. That certainly fits the profile though. Somewhere along the line of ownership, it ended up being sold as a 71. By the way, if you don't have Jerry Conrad's "essential guide", I would suggest picking one up. It has every hull # made by Chri Craft up to 77, or at least the most accurate list I've seen.

Kevin"

you can email your hull number

you can email your hull number to the mariners museum and they will verify your boat. for a small fee they will also research and perhaps locate your Hull Card (production info) and available documentation such as sales literature and manuals and the like

"I just ordered The Essential

"I just ordered The Essential Guide. My hull # is KSA28001. I also found an identical boat (less fly bridge & it's a twin screw) for sale listed as "1972 Chris Craft Catalina Hard Top". I copied several photos of this boat and now have a good idea what she will look like when I am done. Thanks for all the info and advise!
217143.jpg
1972 Cris Craft"">
217144.jpg
217145.jpg
217146.jpg
217147.jpg
217148.jpg
217149.jpg
217150.jpg
217151.jpg
"

Scott: The boat pictured is a

Scott: The boat pictured is a Catalina Express originally powered by a 225hp Marine Power Corp. engine. I have a great book called "The Legend of Chris-Craft" which lists and describes almost every boat Chris-Craft ever built from the very earliest Smith duck boats through the 80's when the company was sold.

Back