Logo

Spark plugs for 95 15 hp Johnson

L

lancestapp

I just bought a Johnson 15 hp

I just bought a Johnson 15 hp outboard that has never been tuned up. What is the best plugs to replace the QL77jc4 Champions. What about inline fuel filters between the tank and outboard? Since outboards seem to have carbs that clog sometimes I thought this would be a good idea. Are there any fuel additives that will help keep carbs clean? Thanks Lance

"I've found that Champion

"I've found that Champion spark plugs seem to be a top of the line s/plug. However if you want to branch off to another line of mfg, any automotive type store will have a cross reference chart. If you simply want to get away from that resistor "Q" type plug, you can use the more reasonable priced Champion L77JC4 plug.

Joe
"

"Lance, I would also recommend

"Lance, I would also recommend staying with that Champion plug. The QL77JC4 is a suppressor type plug, that works extremely well with OMC motors. If you change to another brand, such as NGK's BR9HS-10, you will be using a resistor plug, instead. Although not a big deal on a smaller engine, such as yours, but a big deal on the larger motors with the Optical ignition systems.

Daren
"

Thanks for the info guys L

Thanks for the info guys Lance

"thats why we are here......to

"thats why we are here......to help

Daren
"

Back