Logo

Kad 44P intermitent bearingsqeakingrattling noise

C

Corey Maire

I feel like I have been beat t

I feel like I have been beat to death by this engine. My slow starting was resolved with new batteries. She ran perfect the other day and now I have some oil in the bilge that looks as if it came from the crancase ventilation hose. It was previously disconnected down at the oil pan/oil trap connection so I think it may have been just clearing the line and the oil trap out? Fired her up tonight to prepare for a trip and I have sqeaking/rattling similar to the drive belt but it is new and setup properly but everything goes quiet after the warmup cycle when the supercharger cuts out. My only guess would maybe be the bearing on the tensioner pulley for the drive belt since the supercharger tensioner is new? I hose the engine down in the past with no knowledge of bearings on pulleys. Sorry to keep bouncing crap off of you guys but thanks for the help.

During the warm up cycle those

During the warm up cycle those engines do sound like they are about to explode!
Take it out and listen to the engine when cruising around 2000 RPM or when compressor is working hard. If no belt squeal then all is good. If is noisy then you will have to retighten the belt between crankshaft and waterpump. This belt has to be very tight!!!
Good luck

I found the issue today when I

I found the issue today when I replaced the main drive belt tension pulley. The two bearing protector plates were seperated from the pulley allthough still intact. This was the last option left since everything else is new but they certainly looked like they could make the noise I heard an also could be intermittent as it was. The bearings were fine so now I have two used spare tension pulleys.

Back