Logo

Mercruiser Videos online

THANKS WISH2FISH FOR ALL THE I

THANKS WISH2FISH FOR ALL THE INFO. YOU HAVE BEEN A REAL HELP AND I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
MARTY

"LOOK OUT!

In the Mercruise

"LOOK OUT!

In the Mercruiser video on winterizing outdrives (and etc.) the technician has made a dangerous error: He said one should "dilute pplypropylene antifreeze 50/ 50 with water". He has confused the two basic types of anti-freeze:

Polypropylene antifreeze should NEVER be diluted with water for its freeze protection is seriously decreased. It will freeze up solid just below 20 degrees F with a 50 % water dillution. Ethylene glycol--the green stuff--is better when diluted with water, but never, ever the pink stuff!

Jeff"

Jeff you are correct! I didn&#

Jeff you are correct! I didn't notice that when I was watching. Propylene glycol is the newer formulation of antifreeze and is good to -26 degrees at 50/50 mix and -54 degrees at 60/40 mix. I usually don't mix the antifreeze as I figure there is water in the system already. It usually doesn't get below zero here so I probably wouldn't have to worry about it. The guy in the video is probably from a warmer climate as well.

Back