Logo

Suzuki df 50 Idles high

D

Demetrious

"After installing new fuel pum

"After installing new fuel pump, motor idles up to about 3000rpms and surges down to 2800 and then goes back up to 3000. does it over and over.If I put in gear,just boggs down. No throttle."

"just the electric fuel pump i

"just the electric fuel pump inside the canister not the other whatever it is called inside below the fuel pump. the feed pump, is that the one on the back of the motor where the head is by the spark plugs if so no I did not replace"

"I think the problem might be

"I think the problem might be the feed pump or 'feed capacity'. The reason might be an air leak in the sucktion line, fuel connector, defective pump..... Try to attach the fuel line from the tank straight to the vapor chamber (where the electric pump is) and use the primer bulb as feed pump. If engine runs ok, the start search for leaks etc as mentioned above. It might even be the plunger for the feed pump that is stuck!"

No it did not help it any mort

No it did not help it any morten except for as long as i held pressure it would not surge up and down.What should I try next ? what and where is the feed pump cant find in parts catalog ?

"If it did not surge up and do

"If it did not surge up and down, it helped! It proves that You lack fuel pressure!
When that is fixed, check that the 'idle switch' at the throtle body works, throtle cable adjustment and then adjust the duty cycles of the IAC valve, for which You need a computer and programme, not to forget a manual with the correct specs. I think to remember the duty cycles is around 25!"

Back