Logo

b88 Force 125hp engine stalls when put into gear

J

Jim Pruitt

I hit a hidden rock so hard th

I hit a hidden rock so hard that it made the engine jump but the prop wasn't bent and it ran ok. Several minutes later the engine stopped for no apparent reason. After a few attempts the engine started but would stall each time I tried to put it into gear.The engine starts readily but continues to stall when put into gear. I don't know where to start. Is this a mechanical or electrical problem?

"The engine appears to run nor

"The engine appears to run normally ,although just before the engine stalled I thought that it was running pretty high rpm to be going only 25mph by the speedometer."

"I tried a good prop and the p

"I tried a good prop and the problem of stalling when I shift into gear went away. I don't understand how the two events are related. Maybe the rpm's through the spun hub were too high to allow the engine to shift, although the engine seemed to be at low rpm when I tried to engage the gears. If you know why the good prop solved the problem I would love to understand it. Also, I'm amazed that you knew the solution. I'm in awe of your wisdom and expertise. Thank you sincerely, Jim Pruitt"

Back