Logo

Cannot start my 94 115 at the dock

tirebob

I have always had a hard start

I have always had a hard starting problem with my 94 115 yamaha. but as of the last few months I have encountered a new problem. It usually takes me about 10 min of cranking and pumping the ball to start the motor but once it starts there is no problem.The last to trips to the ramp have resulted in total failure to start. I will start the motor before we leave the house and let it run. I have to tilt the motor to trailer it to the ramp and once I get there crank but no start.

"There could be a problem with

"There could be a problem with the way you try to start the motor.Are you pushing the key in to prime / choke the motor??????.There may be something wrong with the motor, best find out what before you burn up the starter."

Dont know if this is relevant

Dont know if this is relevant to yamaha motors but i had an evinrude that did same thing would start out of water but not in water turned out to have a sensor in the leg that is supposed to allow motor to start when water is present mine was shot...changed it no problem after that

"turned out to have a sensor i

"turned out to have a sensor in the leg that is supposed to allow motor to start when water is present mine was shot...changed it no problem after that------

----- at 29 yrs of working on Johnsons and evinrudes,I have never heard of THIS..please do tell.........."

it was a 78..70hp grey 2 strok

it was a 78..70hp grey 2 stroke that was nothing but trouble from the day i brought it...dont know if aussie models are different to yank or maybe mechanic was telling me crap... could have been at the time as was not mechanically inclined back then......

Back