Logo

Ford 351 to Chevy 350 conversion

fishforfun2

"I found a fixer boat that has

"I found a fixer boat that has a bad OMC 240 Ford 351 and want to install a Volvo/Chevy 350 motor that I already have in my garage.Whats needed?Bellhousing,coupler.Is this something people have done?Thanks Dale"

"I have done this but have gon

"I have done this but have gone from the Chevy to the Ford.

I live in St Louis Missouri area and have all the parts to put onto the Chevy engine except the starter (I’m guessing that the forward mount will work with your block). I don’t have any money into the Chevy engine parts (1979 OMC 230) so it would be cheap. I would like to keep the engine.

You will have to drill new holes for the forward mounts about 10 inch forward of the ford mounts. Everything else bolts right on including the wiring plug. This Chevy has adjustable trim; however, if your boat does not have it the trim can be locked into place.

What Kind of boat do you have? What is wrong with the 240?"

"I found a 1978 24' Starfi

"I found a 1978 24' Starfire thats been sitting for 13 years that has a OMC 240 I/O,thats what the valve covers say.The engine manifolds a rusted thru and is probobly shot since its been stored outside in So California.I have a complete Volvo/Chevy 290HP motor in my garage that is good and I would like to use.I will respond to your e mail,Thanks Dale"

"I just recently bought a 78

"I just recently bought a 78 hammond v 1950 . It has the 351 240hp. I took it out for the first time yesterday and it ran great. Then i took it out today and it ran great for about 2 hrs then on the way in i heard this nocking like a rod nock but it came from the bell housing where the water exhaust goes in . the moter will shut off after about five minutes of running, or as soon as you put it in gear. ????? any ideas what could be loos in that section of the outdrive"

Back