Logo

Kad44p crankcase ventilation hose

C

Corey Maire

"Sorry for all the questions b

"Sorry for all the questions but my ventilation hose goes from the top of the valve cover down to the oil trap which Y's off to the block by the oil pan and then the other hose runs way around the engine in the area of the back of the heat exchanger and just ends but is not attached to anything. The hose looks like it hasn't ever been attached to anything and I can't find a diagram to confirm if it should be attached. Does anyone know or have access to a diagram that shows me it should be attached? Thanks for your continued support. I did get the slow starting fixed by draining the racor and putting a new drop in filter, the filter was almost new but I had not been draining the bowl when switching them out."

Hose attaches nowhere. It was

Hose attaches nowhere. It was set to exit fumes into inlet of air filter housing. Normally had a zip tie holding it to a bracket.

Thank you that is what I was t

Thank you that is what I was thinking based on the looks of the hose but it did make me nervous that it has nothing to connect to. I seem to be dirtying air filters frequently and thought this may be the culprit but I guess not.

Dirty air filter can be caused

Dirty air filter can be caused by drive belt rubber dust. Mine is the same despite correct adjustment. I doubled up on the power steering pulley and the 2 belts helped a lot.

Back